Alert reader Werner Von St. Nicholas from Badden Badder Bavaria recently emailed me the following.
“Sehr geehrter Herr Rus,
“Mit dem Julfest hier habe ich mich gefragt, ob sie neue unterhaltsame Ideen für unsere jährlichen Weihnachts bash?”
Loosely translated I think Mr. Von Sy. Nicholas, (If that indeed is his real name), is trying to say is, “What’s new on the entertainment scene for holiday gatherings?”
First off, Karaoke is so 20th century, so don’t even think about it. Don’t even think about bobbing for apples, that’s Halloween and why string up Christmas lights on the house when you can buy a thousand dollar laser light show for the yard.
So why not offer up some delicious cocktails from the Ghost of Christmas Past and serve up some drinks for the Ghosts of Christmas Future.
- 2 cups raspberry flavored vodka, chilled in freezer
- 1-64 oz. Cranberry-Raspberry Cocktail
- 1 12 oz. Can 7-UP
- 2 Oz. Triple Sec
- Lime wedges, orange wedges, fresh raspberrys, fresh cranberries
- 1In a large pitcher combine vodka, cocktail, 7-up and triple sec. Top with fresh lime, orange and berries. Chill
- 2Before serving salt rims of glasses filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedges