If I've learned one thing about juggling music and a culinary career, it's this.
You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.
I can hear the groans already. This is a nice, lite easy to do summer time dish for all the buoys and gulls out there. Serve with some crusty bread and pig out.
Remember, when looking for a nice cool easy summertime dinner, any fin is possible.
- 4- 5 Oz. Cans Tuna (Packed in Water)
- 3 Scallions, Sliced
- 1 Celery Rib, Sliced
- 1/2 Roasted Red Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Cup Chipolte Mayo
- Cajun Seasoning/Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Lrg. Ripe Tomatoes, Cut in Florets
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, Sliced in Quarters
- 4 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 1Combine tuna, scallion, celery, red pepper.
- 2Add mayo until creamy. Taste for seasonings.
- 3On a plate arrange 1 lettuce leave and place sliced tomato on top.
- 4Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon carefully fill the tomato with tuna mixture
- 5Garnish sides of plate with sliced eggs. Sprinkle with seasoning and pepper