Another New Years has come and gone. Not making any resolutions this year, just gonna look back and remember the people that did me wrong and get revenge. I could order a hit on them and have them whacked, ruin them financially or steal their girlfriend, it doesn't matter.
But for those of you who are traditionalists, here's a dish I whipped up before football on New Year's Day that combines all of the hedonistic superstitions about food and the new year. It's got black-eyed peas, pork, sauerkraut even a shiny new dime hidden in the middle.
So try it or I'll order another hit.
Merry New Year everybody!
- 1- 2-3 Lb. Pork Loin, Butterflied
- 1 Apple, Finely Diced
- 1 Box Frozen Spinach, Thawed and Blotted Dry
- 1/2 Cup Black-Eyed Peas, Blanched
- 1 Cup Sauerkraut
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Shiny New Dime
- 1Combine the apple, spinach, peas, sauerkraut and pecans. Mix thoroughly
- 2Spread evenly on the pork loin and gently roll the loin up. Secure with kitchen twine.
- 3In a preheated 350 degree oven, roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 4Make sure internal temp is 155 degrees. Let rest after removing and slice into pinwheels