After I’m done with a Sunday afternoon of Pontius Pilates at the gym, I go home, shower and put on my favorite muscle shirt. You know, the shirt that says, “These Guns don’t Belong in any Holster” That shirt is a chick magnet.
Anyway. This bowl of Pasta and Mussel goodness is like deadlifting a twenty-five pound barbell. It’s easy to do, yet brings instant gratification.
I prefer fresh mussels, but you have to use them the day you buy them or maybe the next. The frozen bagged Mussels will work, but it kinda lacks the briny freshness of the sea.
So get going on the stove with the Mussels and remember to stretch before lifting
- 1/2 Lb Fettuccini Noodles, Cooked, drained and rinsed. (Save Half Cup of Pasta Water)
- 2 Lbs. Fresh (Or Frozen) Mussels
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced
- 3 Scallions, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomates, Sliced
- 1/2 Lb Chorizo, Cooked and Crumbled
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Sliced Thin
- I Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chardonnay
- 1You're gonna need a large Pot with a lid.
- 2Melt butter and Olive Oil
- 3Slightly sauté mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, garlic and Chorizo for about 5 minutes.
- 4Add Wine and bring to a simmer
- 5Add Mussels, put a lid on the pot.
- 6When Shells begin to open add Fettuccini and pasta water
- 7Mix the contents gently combining all ingredients.
- 8Serve with crunchy bread