When Juanita and I get home from work the last thing we want is to be slaving in the kitchen. We are a professional knife act in the local circus called “Send in the Clowns”. We are called “Nip & Tuck” down at the fairgrounds so you can see the stress of our jobs takes its toll.
Gotta love the circus life.
So after we get home and I’m done bandaging her up, we throw together this easy one-pot soup and enjoy.
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbs. Seafood Base
- 1-12 Oz. Jar Salsa
- 1-12 Oz. Can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1-12 Oz. Can Black Beans, Rinsed-Drained
- 1-12 Oz. Can Sweet Corn (With Water)
- 1-12 Oz. Can Fire-Roasted Tomatoes (With Liquid)
- 2 Lbs. Cooked, Peeled Tail-off Shrimp (21-26 Count)
- 1 Avocado- Cubed
- 3 Scallions-Chopped
- 1 Bunch Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1Bring Chicken Stock to a simmer and add Salsa & Enchilada Sauce and Seafood Base
- 2Bring to a boil & Reduce back to a simmer
- 3Add Beans, Corn and Tomatoes, Simmer for 30 minutes
- 4Add Shrimp, Simmer another 5 minutes
- 5Ladle into bowls top with cubed Avocado, Scallion, Cilantro & Cheese