So I used to work at an orange juice factory, but I got fired because I lost my concentration. Orange y'all glad I didn't start this recipe off with a stupid joke about oranges?
Anyhoo, when I think of oranges I think of chicken. And when I think of chicken I think of snow peas, white rice and black beans. Don't ask me why, it's just how I roll.
Easy, quick and tasty, I give you Mandarin Orange Chicken.
Make it Tso.
- 1/2 Lb. Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 12 Oz. Can Black Beans, Rinsed
- 1 12 Oz. Can Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Cup Fresh Snow Peas
- 1 Cup Cooked White Rice
- 1 Clove Garlic, Smashed and Chopped
- 1Deep fry chicken nuggets until crispy. Remove and pat dry.
- 2In a wok, or large skillet, heat sesame oil. Pour in orange juice and a few tablespoons of the mandarin orange syrup. Bring to a boil and allow it to reduce.
- 3Add nuggets to mixture and allow to heat through.
- 4Add snow peas and garlic. Stir-fry a minute or so.
- 5Combine cooked rice and black beans. Ladle nuggets and peas on top of rice, garnish with Mandarin orange sections.
- 6Spoon reduced orange liquid over the dish and serve.