Pay attention because there's a lot at steak here. If you don't, rarely will you ever see a hunk of meat so well done.
I don't ask for much in life. A hot cup of coffee, a good cigar, a smooth bourbon and a nice steak. So I figured why not combine these simple pleasure is my life all into one great steak. Except the cigar.
The marinade can be done up to 24 hours ahead if kept in the fridge.
I have discussed the Caffè di Artisan liquid coffee pods in my last blog. It is definitely worth checking out. Delicious coffee and not a bad marinade.
- 1Caffè di Artisan coffee pod
- 1 Shot Jim Beam
- Plenty of cracked black pepper
- 1 8-10 Oz. Rib-Eye
- 1Combine the coffee, bourbon, pepper and rib eye in a ziplock bag. Shake well and refrigerate.
- 2Allow the steak to sit at room temp a half-hour before grilling.
- 3Fire up the grill, and cook steak 2-3 minutes per side for a mid rare piece of meat.
- 4I usually put a giant Idaho baker with some steamed asparagus on the side.
- 5Cigar mandatory after eating