I'm still on Cloud 9, (Or maybe it's Planet 9) over the recent Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea. Glad I don't have to pronounce that again!
Anyhoo, I fell in love with Women's Curling and of course, Ice Dancing. That Japanese Sumo wrestler left me breathless with his signature move, The Flying Dutchman. He dazzled the arena with his effortless grace. He didn't skate so much as he floated over the ice, truly creating poetry in motion.
So I was inspired to create a salad to honor the Winter Olympics, and I give you the Gold Medal winning...Korean Spinach Salad.
- 1 Bunch Fresh Spinach, Washed and Trimmed
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, Quartered
- 1 Cup Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Bacon
- 1 Small Red Onion, Sliced Thin
- 1 Small Can Mandarin Oranges, Drained
- 1 Cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sea Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1Combine all the stuff in a Cherry Wood salad bowl.
- 2Add the Chili Sauce last and toss.